Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Marching ants logo

creative director

senior designer

The Marching Ants Logo
sketch

This assignment was very interesting and very creative. I felt like I could do what ever I want with the design of my logo. My original logo was very simple but very creative. I wanted to have a giant ant in the middle and smaller ants around the bolded out words " The Marching Ants." I decided to do senior designer by just taking out all the color and just make the project black and white. Finally I did my most favorite one which was creative director. I was very inspired with the big ant in the middle so I kept that. But I changed the angle and Changed the smaller ants to look more intimidating. I did not really follow my sketches that much but some parts of my sketches did inspire me,like the big ant in the middle. The project was very fun and I hope we do something similar soon.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the use of 3-D letters. I don't really like the little ants in the corners and how they are different colors than the one big ant in the center. To fix the color you use the paint bucket. Change the color to black and click on to the smaller ants to turn it black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about your logo design, and what really stands out, is the 3D letters. They really pop out at you and leaves that lasting image in your mind. What I feel could be improved is the red background. I feel it is too much color and makes the actual design get lost. To improve this, I'd maybe add in lines and use the paint bucket to shade the different areas, different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the 3D letters to make it look visually appealing, but it looks more like a poster rather than a logo. If I had to make it look better, I would take out the ants in the corners to give it more of a logo look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the base idea and design of the logo, however, I felt with the 3D text and the huge ant it was a bit overwhelming. I feel he should have just stuck with the normal text tool, and used free transform too change the size of the ant.

    ReplyDelete